Summer is almost half over (which I CANNOT believe), and if you’re like me, it went by way too fast. With most of my trips happening in the fall, here are some ways to really enjoy your summer to the fullest:
1. Eat ice cream. And lots of it! I love celebrating all the fun foodie holidays that happen, and with National Ice Cream day last week, it was the perfect excuse. Throw an ice cream, eat a pint before that show you’re watching, however you prefer really!
What’s in my cone, you ask? Moose Tracks ice cream original flavor is the way to go. I got the original flavor which was super nostalgic with the perfect vanilla base mixed with chocolate!
2. Spend lots and lots of time soaking up the sun (with lots of sunscreen and a good book in hand of course). The beach, the pool, the park… enjoy that natural Vit D!
3. Go to a local winery or brewery. A lot of the times they’re super picturesque and a the wineries are a breath of fresh air. Yes I do like my grapes!
Now that it’s officially beach/pool/water weather… I am soaking up all the sun before my highly anticipated summer vacations! In the meantime, you can find me posted next to the pool.
I’ve put together a few of my poolside favorite essentials for the summer. Here they are:
- Books: I have always been a bookworm, but adult-ing makes it hard to squeeze in time to read books. I am trying my best to add that to my life, as I know I feel so much more accomplished finishing a book than I do a tv show 🙂
I was sent the new book, Oola For Women, which will be released this Monday, May 2nd! This book is super motivational and applicable to all women, and looks at 7 key areas to help you better your life: Fitness, Finance, Family, Field, Faith, Friends, & Fun. I love how each chapter focuses on a key area and is written in an easy-to-read style. It’s also filled with lots of #girlboss quotes to help you step it up no matter where you are in your journey of life. You can find it on Amazon as well as here.
- Floaties: Okay..how fun are all the different shaped floats that have been coming out this season? I don’t know about you..but kids these days have the coolest inflatables!
I am SO obsessed with this pizza floatie! I’m pretty sure we just had normal ring ones when I was a kid. Just because I am now a…biggER kid.. does not mean I will miss out on this fun-ness! Give me all the food-shaped floaties please and thank you!
- Sunscreen: SPF umm..100? 🙂 Skin care is so important no matter the time of the year. Protect yoself!
Enjoy your weekend lovelies!