Well I have definitely been experiencing the side effects of spring. The time of the year where bees seem to be buzzing around every plant alive, allergies in full effect, and flowers blooming on every corner. With the seasons changing, there are naturally some trends that are appearing. I thought it would be fun to share some of my favorites.
1. Heatless hairstyles. Everywhere I look, I have been seeing the half-bun. Is that what it’s even called? I feel like I make up my own names most of the time At first I was a little hesitant as to whether or not I actually liked it, but I think there are “levels” of the bun, if you will. The ones that are placed too high on the head are a big no for me, but I think the ones that are lower are a cute way of keeping your hair out of your face. Especially as it starts to get warmer, it’s so important to keep your hair healthy by not damaging it with heat products. I think the sun already does enough damage. Braids and side pony-tails are also pretty much a necessity in my book.
2. Lipstick. Okay, I wouldn’t exactly call this only a spring favorite as this is a crucial part of my every day makeup throughout the year. I have been loving more shades of pink than normal. The pink just seems to pair with this season perfectly. I guess I am diversifying my color collection and have been wearing more lighter shades than my normal red.
3. Halters. I know halter tops were in style close to a decade ago, so I am super happy they’ve decided to make their way back into my wardrobe. I always think it’s fun to have a blast from the past, so I am welcoming the halters and jelly shoes with arms wide open. I have been pulling out some of the halters I had from before but never got rid of (closet-attachment issues… I don’t want to talk about it) and they blend in quite nicely with today’s fashion.
4. Pastel Pink. In addition to wearing some pink on my lips, I’ve been really appreciating this color on articles of clothing. I would have to say especially with shoes. There’s just this very spring-type feel that comes with this color.
5. Food Favorite: Ice cream. I’ve been deprived of ice cream all winter long, so now that the weather has finally warmed up I can enjoy my first love once again! And yes, in case you were wondering… Salted caramel for sure.
Favorite song currently on repeat: Little Do You Know – Alex & Sierra
So, what are your Spring Favorites? Let me know in the comments below!